Kennametal jest światowym liderem w dostarczaniu rozwiązań z zakresu narzędzi specjalistycznych wysokiej jakości, w tym narzędzi do obróbki skrawaniem, narzędzi tokarskich, frezarskich, wiertarskich. Naszym Klientom oferujemy szeroką gamę produktów, a także wsparcie techniczne.
Project Manager – Metal cutting – Remote
This role is responsible for managing, through direct influence, the overall coordination and execution of small to mid-size projects with hundreds of thousand dollars budget. Project types may include new product development, mid capital improvement investments, manufacturing process development and implementation efforts at various production plants and manufacturing footprint initiatives.
The primary role and responsibilities will include the leadership, planning, development, organization and maintenance of the project timeline and resource plans for defined Kennametal projects. This role may will also act as liaison between business functions (e.g., Manufacturing, Marketing, Technology, IT, Finance), identifying key stakeholders, and ensuring alignment is being facilitated among process owners.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manage day to day responsibilities of various workstream teams by creating complete capital and project execution plans, with defined scope, success criteria, schedule, financial, risk, and plant readiness plans.
- Develop tactical plans to achieve business results and provide feedback and input on strategy to the Portfolio Manager and Business Unit Lead.
- Monitor processes and provide reports on progress and achievement of business/program objectives using Integrated Master Schedules to identify and manage the critical paths (capacity, capability, etc.) for all project requirements. Track and communicate key program metrics and milestones to all team members and stakeholders.
- Conduct proactive and comprehensive risk management to ensure risks are identified, impacts are known and communicated, and mitigations are planned into the project schedules.
- Travel required will be over 30% depending on hiring location.
Preferred Areas of Education, Certifications, and Skills:
- Associates degree in an engineering or manufacturing discipline required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Five years of demonstrated experience as a project manager leading efforts with multi hundred-thousand-dollar budgets using cross functional teams from several different groups.
- Able to execute programs of low - medium complexity and uncertainty from concept through deployment with minimal supervision and in accordance with Kennametal’s stage gate process.
- Demonstrated experience in leading technical, design and manufacturing teams, including contract resources, within a regional environment; Global project management experience preferred.
- Experience utilizing disciplined, structured, and repetitive processes to manage project teams.
- Demonstrated experience with facilitating strong collaboration/communication across multiple geographic locations.
- Strong English written and oral communication skills.
- Strong competency in customer focus (both internal and external) to ensure program objectives meet the customer’s needs.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Teams, Project Management Software (e.g. Microsoft Project), and demonstrated ability to learn other business software.
- Demonstrated and proven proficiency in program management principals required; PMP certification a plus.
- Understanding of manufacturing and operations preferred.